Formax ColorMax8 Digital Color Printer
The ColorMax8 Digital Color Printer combines the latest in inkjet technology with the capacity to produce full bleed, full-color mailing and packaging solutions. In addition to envelope printing and addressing, the wider, flatter paper path allows users to print on stuffed envelopes, 10 x 13 flats, chipboard, corrugated cardboard, cartons, padded envelopes and more, up to 3/8” thick. Its Memjet print head has 70,400 ink nozzles and no moving parts, which offers higher speeds, lower ink and maintenance costs and less noise.
The ColorMax 8 produces full-color CMYK output, up to 16.8 million colors, on a variety of paper stocks and sizes, with full-bleed capability on media up to 8.5” wide. It can print 1600 x 1600 dpi at 6 inches per second, and 1600 x 800 dpi at 12 inches per second.
With its thermal inkjet technology, it doesn’t require heat or contact to create an image, so it can safely be used with pre-printed envelopes and windowed envelopes without damaging the window or marring the original image. High-capacity ink tanks and fully-automated print head cleaning ensure optimum print quality throughout print runs.
- 7” Color Touchscreen: Intuitive control panel interface with image preview, system status, and access to common functions and settings
- Fast Processing: Prints up to 8,000 #10 envelopes per hour
- Addressing and Variable Data: Letterhead, invitations, window/non-window envelopes, invoices, postage, barcodes and more
- Accommodates Media Up to 3/8” Thick: Wide, flat paper path handles stuffed envelopes, 10x13 flats, chipboard, corrugated cardboard, cartons, padded envelopes, pharmaceutical pill packs, and more
- Up to 1600 x 1600 dpi resolution
- Full-bleed capability up to 8.5” wide
- High capacity ink tanks: Cyan 250ml, Magenta 250ml, Yellow 250ml, Black 500ml
- Up to 16.8 million colors
- Built in top-load feeder
- Pressure roller transport system with star rollers
- Stored Jobs: Holds up to 60 GB of print jobs, ready to be recalled at any time
- Automated print head maintenance system
Speed, page printing: up to 3,600 per hour / Speed, #10 envelopes: up to 8,000 per hour / Material Size: Minimum 3” W x 4” L, Maximum 10.5” W x 17” L / Material Thickness: up to 3/8" / Print Quality: Up to 1600 x 1600 dpi @ 6 inches per second, up to 1600 x 800 dpi @ 12 inches per second / Print Area: up to 8.77” x 40” with full bleed capability under 8.6" / Hardware Required: Windows-based PC, XP and newer / PC Interface: USB & Ethernet / Firmware Update: Electronic firmware update downloads via PC connection / Fonts: All available TruType or Postscript system fonts
Size: 34" L x 22" W x 21" H / Weight: 120 lbs.
110 VAC 60 Hz