Challenge MS-5 Multi-Spindle Paper Drill
The MS-5 is designed and engineered by Challenge, which introduced the first paper drill in the Graphic Arts industry in the early 1930’s.
Today, the MS-5 builds on our expertise with drilling technology.
The easily accessible control panel and powerful hydraulic operation are designed to reduce operator fatigue and increase job production.
The MS-5 is solidly built, and ready to finish your jobs effectively.
- Side guide adjustment
- Backgauge adjustment
- Easy drill length adjustment
- 2” hollow drill bits available in 13 sizes
- 2-1/2”hollow drill bits available in 4 sizes
- Hollow drill bits also available with teflon coating
- Optional narrow heads available, (Necessary when drilling most medical forms)
- Cast iron and steel construction
- Three drill heads and drilling blocks standard
- Two backgauge filler blocks
- Manual drill sharpener
- Chip disposal bag
- Hydraulic power, foot pedal activated
- Automatic table return
- Up to 5 holes in a single stroke
- Set-up changes are quick & simple
Maximum Number of Drill Heads: 2 to 5 / Drill Sizes Available (2" capacity): 1/8" to 1/2" / Drill Sizes Available (2-1/2" capacity): 1/4" to 1/2" / Center to Center Distance Maximum: 15" / Center to Center Distance Minimum: 1-7/8" / Minimum Distance Between Heads Standard: 1-7/8”/ Minimum Distance Between Optional Narrow Heads: 1-3/8” / Maximum Drilling Capacity: 2-1/2" / Strokes per Minute (adjustable): Up to 18 / Backgauge Adjustment: 0 to 5" / Vertical Adjustment of Individual Heads: 1/4"
Size: 36" D x 36" W x 56" H / Weight: 830 lbs.
208-230 VAC 1-phase 60 Hz 18 Amps